Chamonix and its Mont Blanc range offer some of the best technical mountaineering to be found anywhere. With golden granite towers and faces split by plumb-line ice runnels, the terrain lends itself perfectly to technical alpine climbing.
The big draw-card in the Mont-Blanc range is the access to the mountains. One can take the cable cars up to the high alpine peaks and get straight into the alpine climbing. Brevent, Flegere, Grands Montets, Aiguille du Midi or the Skyway on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc tunnel give direct access to real alpine mountaineering.
We generally do advanced alpine climbing routes with people we’ve climbed with before-hand or done a good preparation with, so as to get to know one another.
Some examples of routes we may do in Chamonix Technical Alpinism trips:
- Swiss route, Grand Capucin
- Le Salluard, Pointe Adolphe Rey
- Contamine Route, Pointe Lachenal
- Frendo Spur
- Aiguille du Peigne, Lepiney SW ridge
- Rebuffat, Aiguille du Midi S face
- Premier pointe de Nantillions, Envers des Aiguilles
- Arete du Moine, Aiguille Verte
- Arete Forbes, Chardonnet
- French Route, Aiguille de Pouce
- Aiguille de Bionassay traverse
- SE Spur, Petit Clocher du Portalet
- Marchand du Sable, Envers des Aiguilles
Contact us for detailed program