Scroll to top
- You’ve never really rock climbed.
- You may have done some hiking where you had to use your hands on some sections, but without a big drop below.
- You’re not interested in trying to haul yourself up steep walls.
- You have done some rock climbing, either indoors or outdoors.
- French grade 4 or British grades ‘Difficult’ to ‘Severe’ seem do-able while seconding.
- Scrambling around on exposed paths is normally fine.
- You climb regularly, it’s one of your favourite things to do and you’ve done it for years.
- You lead up to French 5a or ‘Very Severe’ and are happy seconding French 5c or E1.
- You know your limits and scrambling or easy climbing without a rope is no issue.
- You’re a real rock climber, you climb a few times per week, you think about red pointing and on-sighting.
- You lead French 6a or E2 without an issue. You could second high French 6’s or even 7’s.
- You trad climb and sport climb.
Next to each trip you will find a (C) Climbing rating.