Our basic formula for Private Guiding is Guiding + Expenses meaning we only sell the guiding element of any private trip. We can recommend accommodation, gear hire shops or help to organise transport, ski passes etc. It must, however, be paid for separately.
We sometimes provide estimate costs surrounding the guiding to help you plan your budget, but we cannot guarantee prices for other services.
A 30% deposit must be paid for a booking to be finalized. The rest must be paid at or before the start of the trip.
In case of cancellation more than one month before the starting date of the activity, 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
In case of cancellation less than a month before the starting date of the activity, 0% of the deposit will be refunded.
What potential extras should we budget for?
- When sleeping in mountain huts, the group covers the guide’s boarding and food. (This is normally discounted by about 30%-40%)
- Guide’s transport like trains, buses etc when away from his/her home area.
- €0.40 per kilometre + potential road tolls when using guide’s car.
- €20 round trip for the Tunnel from Chamonix to Italy
- Equipment hire
- Airport Transfers
- Ski Passes: Chamonix Verbier Courmayeur Zermatt Jungfraujoch