Our basic formula is Guiding + Expenses meaning we only sell the guiding element of any trip. We can recommend accommodation, gear hire shops or help to organise transport, ski passes etc. It must, however, be paid for separately, which saves you money, as we are not a middle man for services.
We sometimes provide estimate costs surrounding the guiding to help you plan your budget, but we cannot guarantee prices for other services.
A 30% deposit must be paid for a booking to be finalized. The rest must be paid at or before the start of the trip.
In case of cancellation more than one month before the starting date of the activity, 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
In case of cancellation less than a month before the starting date of the activity, 0% of the deposit will be refunded.
What potential extras should we budget for?
- When sleeping in mountain huts, the group covers the guide’s boarding and food. (This is normally discounted by about 30%-40%)
- Guide’s transport like trains, buses etc when away from his/her home area.
- €0.40 per kilometre + potential road tolls when using guide’s car.
- €20 round trip for the Tunnel from Chamonix to Italy
- Equipment hire
- Airport Transfers
- Ski Passes: Chamonix Verbier Courmayeur Zermatt Jungfraujoch
Your travel insurance must cover mountain rescue and if not take a complementary insurance. The BMC, Club Alpin Francais, Carte Neige do a good accident insurance.
A European Health Card is a good idea to speed up getting in and out of hospital if need be. If you’re coming from outside of the EU, make sure your travel insurance covers medical expenses and repatriation.
Check carefully for “high risk sports” exclusions in your insurance. After an accident or injury is the worst time to find yourself with a large medical debt.